SECTION 18.104.22.168.2 - UPDATE EXISTING TAXI CARDS ASCII IMPORT
USAGE: To import a file containing, all or a subset, of changed information to be posted to the Taxi master-file. The input file is required to be in a very strictly stylised format so that HiFinance can allocate data to the correct fields on the correct Taxi records. This function is only relevant for specific sites.
DISCUSSION: Make sure that you have a good backup of your data and that no-one is using HiFinance during the update. HiFinance may not update the files as you expected and the only completely safe way to correct the mistake is to restore your data from backup.
The import file required must be called taximf.csv, although case is not important in Windows. This file must reside in your data directory, eg \HF5DATA\COMP1. Also, the file must not be in use. This is important because if you have created the file from a spreadsheet and have saved it but not closed it, the file will still be locked by the spreadsheet program and HiFinance will not be able to open it.
The input file must be in CSV format. This is a comma-delimited file (without quotes) with one record per line. Exporting from Excel, choosing the CVS format, will produce the correct format automatically. Each alphanumeric field must be left justified. HiFinance will make no attempt to remove leading spaces (for names, etc.). Numeric fields should not have any dollar signs or commas. Do not use commas in any alpha fields. These will be treated as a field break and HiFinance will not import the row correctly. A blank cell will be treated as a valid entry, thus a blank alpha cell will clear the corresponding field in the master-file and a blank numeric cell will reset the corresponding field in the master-file to zero. Thus if you do not wish to change a field, either delete the row, delete the column or make sure that the cell contains the same information as the field in the master-file currently has.
The first line of the input file must contain only field names. These fields are mostly identical to those exported using TAXI CARDS ASCII EXPORT (see SECTION 22.214.171.124U.1). In fact the easiest way to create the initial file is to export it first using this program with the headings option turned on. This also has the advantage of accurately exporting the current information. There are some fields available in the Import program that are not created in the Export program. The full list is detailed below. Note the use of the underscore character instead of spaces. This format must be copied exactly.
1) The order of the columns is not important but they must not appear more than once.
2) CARD_NUMBER must appear, as it is used to link the row to the Card Code as it currently exists on the Taxi master-file.
3) Apart from CARD_NUMBER, you must have at least one more column.
4) OTHER_KEYís are replaced by whatever you have defined it as in SYSTEM DEFAULTS.
5) Some fields are only relevant to specific installations.
6) If you try to import the raw file form the ASCII EXPORT program, it will not read in successfully unless you choose to export with comma delimiters between fields and without quotes around fields (numeric and alphanumeric). This can be set in the options part of the export program. Normally this is not the way this function is used, the purpose of this function being to manipulate the file in a spreadsheet program and importing the result.
7) Most fields are not verified on import. You must enter valid information. For the field that are validated, invalid data will be ignored.
When the program starts, it will firstly check whether the import file exists and is accessible. Having established this, HiFinance will read the first line of the file and check for its correctness. If no obvious errors are found, you will be asked to confirm that you have made a backup and then you will be asked to confirm that you wish to proceed.
HiFinance will then read import lines one at a time confirming firstly that the CARD_NUMBER field corresponds to a Taxi Card code and then replacing the fields and records, as defined by the columns you have chosen. If an invalid or blank row is encountered, it will be skipped. HiFinance will continue processing until it reaches the end of the import file. Finally the import file will be renamed to taximf.old (to stop you from accidentally rerunning the program with used data) before returning you the MAIN MENU.